- Do failure analysis of in-service Tank to find out reason(s) of failure and the remedy to resurrect tank.
- Tank was recently commissioned at the client site and it failed at the conical shell junction during operation – inherently restraining the design change to resurrect the tank.
- Narrow timeline to execute the project – finding the root cause of failure of design and resurrection of the design to avoid such untoward situation in future.
- Failure analysis was carried out using Ansys software which proved that conical junction was not systematically supported to bear the weight of the material to be filled in the tank.
- Numerous iterations were carried in Ansys each time adding various supports around the conical junction.
- Number of team viewer sessions, Skype calls were held, going far; a WhatsApp group was created to make sure that client was in the loop of overall proceedings of the work.
- Project was completed in 2 days’ timespan – where our dedicated technical team worked in shifts and on weekend.