End Client site location:
- The end client & project site was in Turkey.
- Create a 3D model and carry out Finite Element Analysis for a 28m diameter API 650 Tank using Ansys software.
- Check if it fails and suggest reinforcements in the existing design.
- Geometry: The tank was being installed and it went out of roundness in all 8 shell belts. The total height of the tank was 18m.
- Timeline: As it was a live project, the customer requested delivery of the results within 1 working day.
- There were 32 different plumbness readings across each shell belt. To model it using Solidworks was a strenuous task.
- Though the project was complex, Ideametrics accepted the challenge to complete the project within 1 working day. Our engineers worked continuously for 20 hours and successfully delivered it on time.
- The tank failed in analysis during the first FEA iteration. So, Ideametrics suggested some modifications in the design. After implementing those changes, the tank passed in FEA results.
- The project that could have taken 12-14 working days was completed in just one day by our expert engineers.
- It was the first project of Ideametrics with the particular customer. The customer was overwhelmed with the service and support of Ideametrics and now has become a regular client.